Wednesday, January 11, 2017

"Cluck, Cluck, Cluck!"

"Cluck, Cluck, Cluck!" - 12" x 12"
Mixed Media on Canvas
I've had a fondness for chickens for as long as I can remember.  I recently got the urge to paint and collage one using old dictionary pages as my collage papers.  Here's the process I went through to create "Cluck, Cluck, Cluck!"


I began by putting a pale yellow and white base coat of acrylic paint on my canvas.


I added some green for grass, put more layers of yellow for the background, and then drew an outline for the chicken.  Next I painted the chicken in white.


A beak, comb, wattles, feet, and an egg were added.


Here I've begun gluing down the torn dictionary pages for the collage.  I was able to find pages that had the words (and definitions for) "chicken", "fowl" and "egg."  They're difficult to discern in the final version, but if you enlarge the image and look closely you may be able to see the word "egg."

The final version: "Cluck, Cluck, Cluck!"

2 comments: