Monday, October 3, 2016

What is InkTober?

 My Ink Drawing with Watercolor (InkTober Prompt for 10/3: "Collect")
In 2009, illustrator Jake Parker created InkTober as a challenge to himself to improve his inking skills and to establish regular drawing habits.  The goal was to draw one ink sketch every day for the month of October.  While it started out as Jake's individual project, InkTober has taken off worldwide and now thousands of artists create and post their ink drawings online throughout the month.  
My Ink Sketch of Woman at Starbucks
Some people opt to use prompts for their drawings.  A list of 31 "official" prompts is on Jake's website.  The rules are flexible:  you don't have to draw and post everyday -- even once per week is okay.  And it's also fine to sketch your drawing in pencil first.
 My Sketch for 10/2 (InkTober Prompt: "Noisy")
Another Sketch for the "Noisy" Prompt
This is my first year taking part in the challenge.  If any of you reading my blog want to join me, you can leave a comment for me below.  And be sure to post your drawings online using the hashtags #inktober and #inktober2016.
***
All my drawings here were done with Micron pens (no pencil) in a 6"x6" Reflexions sketchbook by Creative Mark. ...I'm continuing to push myself to skip the pencil whenever I can.  The top sketch was inspired by an illustration found online; I did the drawing of the woman at Starbucks live on Saturday; and the bottom two drawings were also done using images (royalty free) from the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment